The Pastor's Kids

The Pastor's Kids

Saturday, March 21, 2020

An End and a Beginning

So Are You to My Thoughts, the seventh and final book in my series about Line, Marty and Paul Mikkelson, is now published and will soon be available as both a paperback and a Kindle file from Amazon.com. I am very happy to have brought this project, which took more than ten years, to an end!

As fiction, the story is framed through my own lens. This can’t be helped, though my characters get equal attention, and, I hope, each has their own perspective. All, however, live real lives. There are no princesses or goddesses, dystopic futures or dark secrets which come back to haunt everyone. In this blog I have elucidated my positions, though in the fiction they are simply embodied.

The beginning means that I must now begin to talk about the books more! At least I think I will. One never knows. The books have nothing to say about our current crisis around COVID-19, a world-wide pause which has caught us all unaware. But someday the period between 1950 and 2010, when the fictive lives of my characters ends, may be interesting to people. Polio, which Paul has in the mid 1950’s, was certainly a frightening epidemic at the time.

So this is just an announcement. Hail and farewell. I will continue to keep this blog posted of any significant reviews or other happenings around the series. And thank you for your attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment